|How will your characters change?|
Character Development and Arc:
- Does the main character change noticeably, albeit subtly, organically and believably?
- If the character doesn't change, is the reason for his stalled growth clear and understandable?
- Are the primary characters original, believable and if not likeable, comprehensible?
- Are the primary characters' relationships with other characters clear and integral to the story?
- Do secondary characters stand in their own right, without overshadowing the story's main squeeze?
- Are secondary characters original, believable and if not likeable, comprehensible?
- Are their relationships with the main characters clear?
Tip: For the best results in editing any story, regardless of length, follow these steps:
- Set the work aside for at least a week.
- Work on another writing project in the meantime.
- Edit or critique someone else's work in the meantime.