|Revise scenes to enhance the story|
- Start with a blank page, and write a completely new scene, without considering for the moment whether it meshes with the rest of the story.
- Put the scene aside for a day or two, then repeat the process.
- Wait another day or so, then compare the three scenes — the original and the two new options.
- What does each scene reveal about your character(s)?
- How would each choice affect the story as a whole?
- Which option works best, or feels most real? Why?
- If you're fairly far along in the story, don't start over.
What story are you working on that could use a fresh direction?
For more tips, visit Word for Words, or visit Adele's blog.